background

Sunday, March 3, 2013

ALMOST Homemade Orange Cinnamon Rolls

     Although it's nice to make things 100% from scratch, sometimes we have to find just a little bit of a short cut to help us out.  Not long ago I was watching The Pioneer Woman and she made homemade orange rolls.  I've been craving them every since.  They looked really tasty and eventually I will get around to making her recipe.  But today, I didn't have the time to make the dough and let it rise but I did have enough time to enjoy a few  minutes of baking.  I love to be in the kitchen and baking is one of my favorite hobbies. So I made ALMOST Homemade Orange Cinnamon Rolls.  Below you will see the steps I took and you'll quickly see the catch as to why these rolls are "almost homemade". 

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and gather these ingredients:
~Crescent Rolls (2 big packages or 4 small packages)
~Butter
~Orange Marmalade
~Brown Sugar
 
 
 
 
     Open the Crescent rolls and roll them out flat with a rolling pin. 
 
 

Once you've gotten a nice sized rectangular piece of dough, spread butter and marmalade all over the dough.  Then, sprinkle brown sugar all over the top. (A light covering of butter will do.  I learned, although I thought a thorough covering would be best, I think they will keep their shape better with a light coat.)

 
Next, roll the dough into a jelly roll shape, pinching the dough closed along the way.    Don't worry!  It's okay to get a little bit messy.

 
After the dough has been rolled up just right, slice it into cinnamon rolls and place onto a baking pan.


Place the rolls into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.  Remember, all ovens bake a little differently so keep an eye on your rolls and bake them until they are a nice golden brown.


While you are waiting for the rolls to bake, mix up the frosting.  You'll need these ingredients:
~Powdered Sugar...about 2 1/2 cups
~About 1/4 cup of milk
~1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
~1 teaspoon of pure vanilla flavoring
Adjust the ingredients to fit the consistency you like best. 
 
Mix the above frosting ingredients with a mixer until nice and smooth.
Pour over the orange cinnamon rolls.


Transfer them to your favorite serving platter and enjoy!
 
 
 
     This was a quick and easy way to make orange cinnamon rolls.  I took the shortcut by using the crescent rolls for the dough, thus the "almost homemade" part.  But, I added all the other ingredients from scratch and made a breakfast the family enjoyed.  PLUS, my daughters got to lend a helping hand.  It was a win-win.  I hope your family can benefit from this recipe.  
 
 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment